Director, Facilities - South San Francisco
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Frontier Medicines is seeking a Director of Facilities based in our South San Francisco office. As Frontier Medicines is rapidly growing this individual will coordinate with each department heads to help them define their immediate and upcoming needs for space, equipment, and utilities. The Director of Facilities will be responsible for coordinating facility upkeep and maintenance. This individual will be proactive in assessing facility improvements, attention to detail, organization, and excellent cross functional communication.
- The position oversees all aspects of the facilities management of Frontier Medicines Facilities.
- Ensure a superior level of services in the areas of maintenance and repair; custodial, functions and set-ups, along with the financial management of the annual Facilities operating budget
- Lead all facilities related project scope, specifications, request for proposals and quotation, contracting, project management, and execution for lab and office-based expansion projects.
- This position oversees all aspects of space planning and design. Working with a team of skilled professionals, the Director works collaboratively with senior leadership in defining near-term space needs, long-term space needs, as well as strategizing on future real estate requirements goals.
- Build and develop strong relationships with external vendors and service providers while overseeing all facilities.
- First point of contact for building operations including but not limited to site emergencies, communications & employee requests/complaints to upper management, building property management office, daily building operations, management of vendor relations, ensuring a secure and safe environment at locations
- Manage the submission and follow-up of work orders to property management office for onsite facilities issues
- Work with EH&S and Security on all relevant issues.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years demonstrated experience in a senior leadership position directing a complex and multi-faceted facilities program.
- Facilities experience in life science, and/or scientific research is required.
- Flexibility and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, and an ability to see the “big picture” are required to appropriately manage multiple outcomes, while achieving overall objectives.
- Deep knowledge of vendor management, lab systems, financial accountability, facilities, events and general
- Well-organized and maintains an eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate departmental requirements, policies, and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability and experience to plan, execute and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement creative solutions to unusual problems.
- Ability to work cross functionally within an organization by collaborating and supporting multiple functions, preferably in a global organization
- Proven experience managing multiple activities simultaneously and prioritizing effectively
- Must possess superior computer skills, Microsoft Office, etc.