Senior Scientific Software Engineer – Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Frontier Medicines is seeking a talented, experienced and self-driven software engineer to develop software solutions to support key activities at Frontier enabling quick data-driven decision making. This can include data analysis tools, algorithms and data pipelines to extract, transform and analyze Frontier’s proprietary proteomics data and end user applications for insight dissemination and data visualization. Working very closely with scientists in a multidisciplinary environment, the successful candidate, as a senior software engineer in the company, will have the opportunity to participate and lead in strategic discussions about future investments and development in data science as well as influencing the design and architecture of Frontier’s software infrastructure.
Automated analysis pipelines, sometimes paired with machine learning algorithms are central to everything we do at Frontier and hence the successful candidate will play an important role as a key team member working with data scientists and research scientists to harness the full potential from our unique data allowing us to reshape small molecule drug discovery.
This is an opportunity in our Boston site to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
- Design, implement, document and maintain software systems, applications and workflows that support the collection, storage, management, analysis, integration and visualization of various data in chemoproteomics research.
- Support and enhance Frontier on-premise and cloud software development and scientific computing environment.
- Serve as a strategic and hands-on individual contributor working independently and also in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams of chemists, biologists, software engineers and data scientists.
- BS with >7 or MS/PhD with >4 years professional experience in, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Flask, Django, FastAPI, etc.
- Experience with full-stack software development including database design (mysql/oracle/Postgres/MongoDB) and web development.
- Working knowledge in cloud-based environments (AWS) and containerization (Docker) is preferred.
- Up to date with technology trends, interested to learn and develop in innovative new data solutions and applications.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- Experience in drug discovery research organizations is highly preferred but not required.
- Experience in mass spectrometry and proteomics data analysis is highly preferred but not required.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.