Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Chemical Biology - Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in the Chemical Biology team. The successful candidate is expected to have an excellent working knowledge of cell biology and high-throughput screening techniques. This position requires working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced drug-hunting environment.
Frontier Medicines offers a dynamic environment with the opportunity to impact lives of patients while conducting cutting-edge science. There are short communication lines across the company, and we encourage and support the professional development of our team members.
- Cell culture for plate-based screening including drug-treatment and viability assessment
- Assist with creation of cell lines containing mutant or tagged forms of proteins on various promoters (e.g. native and dox-inducible)
- Assist with QC of internal cell line bank (STR, mycoplasma testing, passage number etc.)
- Maintain a clear, detailed electronic laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- BS or MS in a biological science (molecular biology, cellular biology or related discipline).
- Mammalian cell culture experience and associated technologies in a plate-based format
- Experience with cellular and biochemical techniques such as luciferase assays, western blotting, and immunofluorescence.
- Experience with automation and liquid handling devices e.g. Echo, MultiFlo
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Incorporation of heavy metabolites and amino acids for pulse-chase type investigations and use of other custom cell-media formulations
- Experience with patient derived cells, IPSCs, and 3D organoids a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments via presentations or publications in biology.