Sr. Manager, Payroll and Stock Administrator - South San Francisco or Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently have been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and proactive individual to join our team to lead and manage all Payroll and Stock Administration. In this role, you will own the administration of our payroll and equity programs and partner closely with Finance, Legal, and HR.
Frontier Medicines offers a dynamic environment with the opportunity to impact the lives of patients while conducting cutting-edge science. There are short communication lines across the company, and we encourage and support the professional development of our team members. This individual will play an essential role in Frontier’s to manage all Payroll and Stock Administration to scale in a growing company.
- Prepare and process US payroll, including payroll for multiple states
- Process manual checks and voids for termination(s)
- Conduct consistent audits and reconcile payroll reports to the GL / prepared payroll entries
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal regulations, and international locations
- Reply to special requests from regulatory agencies
- Communicate effectively with team members to keep them apprised of the latest changes in regulations on taxes and payroll procedures
- Manage equity program for Stock Options
- Ensure that all forms of equity compensation are administered in accordance with the terms and conditions of the plan(s) under which they are granted
- Maintain equity database integrity and ensure accuracy of employees’ data contained in Carta
- Manage the overall calendar for stock administration related activities
- Assist with other compensation-related projects and rewards processes, incentives plans, and market-related activities
- Be the point of contact for all internal and external inquiries related to equity
- Prepare and provide information to employees about vesting and exercise process, being a resource for ad hoc questions both internal and external
- In partnership with HR, develop and implement educational sessions and communication materials for the employees to support understanding of our program.
- Ensure grants, exercises, repurchases, and cancellation are recorded promptly in the equity platform, including partnering with HR to ensure new hire grants are captured promptly
- Experience with reverse stock split, tender offers and comfortable with different equity platforms (Shareworks, Carta, E*Trade)
- Perform routine audits on all data that has been processed and reconcile shares with legal
- Support all board meetings, as needed
- Ensure completion of year-end compliance reporting such as forms 3921
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and comparable work experience.
Five plus years experience with increasing responsibility.
Four years of Stock administration, CEP preferable
Comfortable in a fast-paced changing environment
Comfortable communicating with all levels of employees
Because we are a “work from anywhere culture,” be able to manage projects and time with minimal supervision